We support the growing swell within the running community to carry your own hydration, reduce reliance on single use plastic in running and make a difference.
10 Great Reasons to Carry Your Own
1. Half of the plastic used in the world today is for single-use disposable items.
2. Every minute, over 1 million disposable cups are discarded to landfill.
3. 50% of all sea turtles & 60% of all marine birds have ingested plastic (Chris Wilcox2015 study).
4. Over 10 million PET plastic bottles are produced in South Africa every day. 4.5 million will end up in the sea. (Wildlands South Africa)
5. Carrying your own hydration allows you to drink to thirst, which is optimal for both racing and training.
6. There are 51 trillion microplastic particles in the ocean today—500 times more than the number of stars in our galaxy (The 2017 United Nations Clean Seas Campaign estimated).
7. Carrying your own hydration results in substantially less water wastage.
8. Worldwide,disposable cups account for 7 million tonnes of landfill, 82 million felled trees, and 524 million gigajoules of energy every year (enough to power 8 million homes for a year)!
9. Every single piece of plastic that has ever been made still exists on this earth….there is no “away”.
10. And, because RUNNERS HAVE ALWAYS LEAD THE WAY.